Summer is a time when our skin is exposed to conditions that can be very aggressive for its care. Exposure to the sun, the humidity that is usually generated at this time of year or even the chlorine from swimming pools will have an impact on it.
However, something that many people are unaware of is the benefits that eating fruit in summer can have, due to its nutrients and composition, to improve the appearance of our skin and help it to suffer as little damage as possible.
We must not forget that fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that can protect and rejuvenate our skin.
Here are some fruits that should not be missed this summer to help our skin suffer as little as possible:
- WatermelonWatermelon: as well as being the star of the summer for its flavour and for being a highly refreshing fruit, watermelon stands out for the level of water in its composition, making it an excellent food for keeping the skin hydrated. It is also rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that protects the skin from damage caused by UV rays.
- MelonLike watermelon, melon is a highly hydrating fruit due to its high water content. It also contains vitamin A and vitamin C, which help to keep the skin healthy.
- PineapplePineapple is rich in vitamin C, which helps to stimulate collagen production and thus helps to keep the skin firm and elastic. In addition, its consumption helps to reduce inflammation and wound healing.
- Strawberriesantioxidants, such as vitamin C and polyphenols, which help to slow down the oxidation of our skin. They also prevent damage caused by UV rays.
- HandleThe antioxidant-rich, high content of vitamins A and C is very high. It stimulates the regeneration of our cells that fight free radicals and prevent premature ageing of the skin.
- CucumberAlthough not a fruit, cucumber is a refreshing and beneficial ingredient for the skin, as its anti-inflammatory properties and high water content help to hydrate the skin. Cucumber is also known for its ability to soothe and cool the skin after sun exposure.